Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday, May 08, 2006

at Detail ... first day

Posted by Hippobean at 10:25 PM
All day I was comparing my last place with this one. Mahogany wood paneling and furniture, hardwood floors, high back leather chairs in the conference rooms, wall high windows with a clear spectacular view of the bay, fridge full of sodas and water, tea and coffee, and most of all, cubes! Someone actually asked about the culture of my last place. Was it a joke? There are companies like Detail and then there's EPGY! What a world of difference! There, took me almost 2 months just to get a cube, ants, unisex bathrooms, rooms with keys, working out in the open with no privacy, no structure and anything goes, unprofessional (they even made me paid for my own farewell lunch, but they (someone rather) did get me a farewell card), and disorganized ... gosh, sometimes I think I was really stupid to even allow myself to get into a situation like that. But now, all seems back to normal and Detail really sounds like a perfect place to work. And the all day orientation was comprehensive, informative and exhausting. Everything from the vision/mission of the company to every department functions, the talk about the pharmaceutical industry, demos of Details product offerings, engineering, and IT, and breakfast and lunch, all paid for the next 4 days! And we got Godiva chockies, a pen with a USB stick, sweat shirt and pocket notebook on top of everything else. Is it finally my luck or simply my turn after years of pain and suffering, unemployment, major disappointment and an internship at my age and experience? I cant wait to get my hands on Flash!!!
 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos