Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sweet 14

Posted by Hippobean at 9:07 PM
I dunno these things, but maybe I'm getting old but I found watching these very old videos brought back the time when I was 14. I was a huge pop music fanatic and I just seem to have an affinity with these slightly obscure Scottish bands that not many Americans like. They werent even all that popular back home back then, but I simply loved them. I remember listening closely to my radio-cassette deck and waiting for my favorite tunes so I could tape them. Often the announcer talked over the beginning of the song, so most of my recordings were without the first part. I used to save every penny just to buy the books that contain the lyrics. I couldnt quite read them because I didnt know English back then. Years later I've discovered most of the lyrics were wrong and probably composed by someone who knew a bit of English and who just listened to the songs and wrote the words out. I still have some of my old tapes. Later, I saved all my allowances just to get a 45 or the complete LP. Many more years later, I threw my vinyl records away. Now I regret that. I bought CD's instead. And now I found my music online. It is strange that I work with technology every day but I'm not a big fan. Deep down I dont believe in it, even though right now, technology brought my teen years back. Strange how these songs still make me happy and young. They are as fresh and sweet as when I first heard them from the radio, more than 30 years ago! I still dream the dreams these songs made me dream. I'm still as naive, simple, and clueless as I was when I first heard them.


http://youtube.com/watch?v=D33DZkuBdzQ

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos