Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Acadia & Bar Harbor

Posted by Hippobean at 9:21 PM
When I was working at Vicinity, I did a Business Search for Ford that included all the national parks east of the Mississipi and Acadia was one of them. Now finally the Hippo got a chance to visit it. The leaves on the trees began to change colors and the park looked very autumny. So different from the parks on the west. Atop Cadillac Mtn we could see our ship and the tiny town of Bar Harbor and its islands. The rugged coast of northern Maine was spectacular and the Atlantic blue as the Pacific never was. The ocean here is warm. Before going back to the ship, we had seafood bisque and lobster roll for lunch. M and I had a 4 o'clock massage at the Lotus Spa onboard. I had a badly needed foot and scalp massage. I nearly fell asleep when my masseuse gently rang the bell signaling the end of my session. The scalp massage did wonders to my head as my never ending headache was suddenly gone. But my hair got pushed back so forcibly that I ended up with an afro!

Once again we were on deck observing the ship turning and sailing out of the harbor. I could never get enough of this view. This was Hippo's premiere experience of Maine. Tonight movie was Underworld Evolution, while M went to line dancing. Tomorrow maritime provinces!

bar harbor
 Bar Harbor and our ship
  from top of Cadillac Mtn



bar harbor
 Moon over an island
  near Bar Harbor

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos