Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday, September 11, 2010

day 7 - From Eastern Sierra to home

Posted by Hippobean at 11:50 PM
On our way back, we stopped at the Minarets and Devils Postpile by Mammoth Lakes, and had a roadside sandwich lunch in Mammoth. The town was still every bit as picturesque as I've remembered. We made a quick stop at the Yosemite Valley to see El Capitan and Half Dome. It's not as crowded as I've expected. Maybe because I've been there too many times. It just doesnt impressed me as much as before. The Yosemite falls were dry. The Merced was low, but I've never seen the Yosemite falls not 'falling'. In the early evening a clear crescent moon shooting Venus accompanied us all the way home. It was a soothing but melancholic company.

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos