Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

and so the Hippo departed ...

Posted by Hippobean at 6:59 PM
This morning I saw a huge gorgeous rainbow on 85 and in the afternoon I found it again right above Moffett Field. I drove past the wind tunnel like I did so many mornings before but today my eyes lingered on it nostalgically. Next time I see it it would not be from inside the Base. It was an emotional day. When I turned in my NASA badge, it suddenly dawn on me this was it. Not until that moment, my leave seemed surreal. When I said goodbye to Cath, she was teary eyes. Heather sang 'tell me it isnt so' all morning and I just couldnt keep back my tears. Strange how after 9 years at Apple, I didnt cry when I left. I've grown to love the NAS bunch so much. And this was just a part-time job. I simply cant imagine my daily routine without Don's insults, without Lisa's goofiness, without Ryan's quick responses, without Heather's continuous saga of life mishaps, without Veronica's gentle voice. Stranger still how I didnt even want this internship a little over a year ago and it had turned out to be the best job I've ever had. I still remember how happy I felt when I drove home on the first Friday after starting the internship. I've completed my first job in PHP and felt so good about myself. A satisfaction I havent felt in a long long time. Ryan said today I've inspired him to fly web 2, yelling and screaming. He said without me Web DTS would still be in the dark ages. I told him it was because he gave me free reins and so I was able to explore and experiment and learn and grow. He really is an awesome guy. It really was an honor and a good fortune to be able to be part of this intelligent and fun group. I told Cath today every one of her staff is a jewel. If the rest of all my working life is bad, I'd be happy and content with having this one experience.

DTS ROCKS !!!!!

2005 was probably one of the best years in my life as I worked, learned much, and played even harder than ever, at NAS, taken Multimedia and design classes, and Flash'd all the way through the year, making new friends and getting into trouble. And 2005 brought Japan and Sicilia to my reality and Tomaso's family reunion in Sorrento, oh, Italia again! So much memories ...


And now, the closing of one chapter, and the beginning of another ...
 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos