Saturday, November 04, 2006

Saturday, November 04, 2006

till death do us part

Posted by Hippobean at 11:59 PM
I got so emotional. It wasnt what the pastor was saying but the sight of the love birds beholding each other. I was happy for them. The wedding was a big reunion of friends I havent seen in a long time, and people I've heard of and seen pictures of and wanted to meet for a long time. In the morning M and I shopped at the Kona International market for local crafts. Then lunch at the Buba Forrest (run Forrest run!). Then to the Hilton and slowly people started appearing at the chapel. Hugs and more hugs and I was almost in tears. What makes life worthwhile is that once in a while you get to see your friends who live far from us but always so close to our hearts. And seeing them all, all in good health, and radiantly happy to be there, and they just wanted to know how I've been, and we just talked and talked. Finally the bridal procession started and my tears began to roll down my cheeks. The sun began to move down the horizon leaving streaks of amber and gold in the sky, the sound and smell of the Pacific, the surf slowly crashing on the black shore, the palm trees blowing with the wind, a perfect setting for a romantic wedding. Later, after the meal was partaken and speeches by the best man and maid-of-honor done, to everyone surprise, Tom dedicated a toast to all who were not present, fathers from both sides who were no longer with us, mothers who couldnt make it, Tom's sister Sue whose ashes were scattered off the Kona coast a few years ago, and then friends who came from far away such as Janet who turned bright red, and all those who through the years hung around him for better and for worse, and the blessing of a beautiful daughter. We drank to all that and I thought the dedication really put a meaningful touch to the occasion. Then it was time to be totally silly. We danced the night away. We let go of our bashfulness and inhibition. We loved the playlist Tom and Amelia put together and upon each favorite song, we made fools of ourselves on the dance floor. Later Cathy and I had a nice chat about relationships and raising children. It was always so good to talk to her, always so open and understanding. When our alloted time ran out, and lights were off, the problem we all had was 'how to get out of here? how to get back to my room?'. Gosh, this place is so big, it's scary! That night I couldnt sleep. Even with the amount of drinking I had, my mind just wouldnt let me call it a day. Images of reunion with my dear friends kept flashing on my mind. When will be the next time when all of us would be together again?

wedding
wedding
wedding
wedding

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos