Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Meeting classmate in paradise

Posted by Hippobean at 9:32 PM
The view from the Pu'u o Kila Lookout at the end of the Waimea Canyon Drive was exactly like the ones in the guidebooks. We even saw boats going by and choppers flying that look like tiny birds. Just like what the guidebooks said. Steve, my online classmate, and his wife Cathy were good site seeing companions and high spirited hikers. We hiked some of the way of the Pihea trail from the Pu'u o Kila Lookout where we got different perspectives of the same palis and canyon. Steve and I had started the OTL program last Fall and chance has it that we're both in Kauai at the same time, so there's nothing left to do but to meet. So we did the Waimea Canyon together. They are fun people and we joked a lot, just like we did in the online classes. Never a dull moment with this guy!

In the afternoon, I checked in to the Kiahuna Plantations and to my disappointment I got a ground floor unit. There's no AC, so I had to leave the shutters open even during the night which left me little privacy, a little unsafe and with lots of noise. But the unit offered a direct view of the ocean so all wasnt lost. The private beach in the complex was sandy and nice but crowded. I sat there to listen to my iPod and had a tranquil moment. Probably the best moment thus far on the island.

Waimea Canyon
 View of the pali
 from the Pu'u o Kila Outlook
 at the end of the Waimea
 Canyon Drive

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos