Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday, September 21, 2007

Relaxing at sea

Posted by Hippobean at 11:57 PM
Every time I did the grapevine and started stepping to my right, the girl next to me ran into me because she was moving the wrong direction. We did the entire number without her learning which side was her right side! Today I had my first line dance class onboard. With all day at sea and nothing else to do, I thought I should try some dancing. I couldnt believe I actually like it but it sure tortured my poor feet. I like dancing. Only wish I was less shy and with more opportunity to practice it. I woke up in a warm but foggy day. Outside the ship windows was nothing but a grey white sheet. Our luck finally ran out. We spent the afternoon playing mahjon out on deck, wrapped in blankets, eating Chinese clear noodles and drinking our last complimentary bottle of Dos Equis. We also had cookies and milk, delivered by a poor soul whose job was to walk around deck wearing a drum of milk! I had wanted to disco after dinner, but I had to pack so I mostly remained on our private balcony to savor the last minutes of night sailing on our last day on the cruise. I sure will miss the suite luxury, the outdoors giant movie, arriving at a different port each morning, sleeping on the comfortable bed with the warm duvet and all that free food (well, not really free, just, let say pre-paid). I didnt want to think about the new school quarter which will promptly commence when I get back, nor the survey that might or might not have launched by the time I return to work (as it turned out, it wasnt launched). Last vacation of the year, and it has been a good cruise. Tomorrow, hopefully the Met and a glimpse of the Goose and listen to his melodic voice and a peek at his handsome hands!

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos