Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday, October 03, 2008

Somewhere 30,000ft above the Atlantic

Posted by Hippobean at 11:21 PM
Actually I really like it. Among strangers riding mass transit. It makes me feel like living in a big metropolitan city. Pa kept me company at the samtran stop. It's nice to have nice parents. But I dont appreciate it. Isnt how daughters are supposed to be? The short bus ride felt good as I dont usually ride the bus. The 10 minutes wait the Colma Bart station wasnt in the cold and fog. In the train, I wasnt the only one carrying luggage. I dont remember the last time when I flew in a 747. It's an outdated model but United seems to still have a fleet of them for transatlantic flights. It's double decker that you dont see too often anymore. It's really gigantic. I sat on the lounge and looked at this enormous metal bird - did humans really made such an enormous thing that can fly? The seat I picked was next to the last row, in a row of 2 seats. The window seat has extra space between the seat and the window and for a tiny girl like me, it's spacious. I was quite comfortable and really liked this space. Trouble was, the old man sitting next to me started to change his socks and file his nails. For 15 minutes right after take off, we hit turbulence. The gihugic jumbo jet shook. For a long time. Now I look out of the tiny window and it's getting dark. We've just past the eat coast. Another 5 more hours to go. This time I will take aerial photos of London, if weather permits. I began to look forward to this trip.

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos