Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Too much time on our hands

Posted by Hippobean at 11:06 PM
In the morning we visited St Dimitri and St Sofia churches, and took a quick (too short) boat ride on the lake. It was wonderful. The view from the lake was beautiful. Gorgeous weather. I had hoped for a longer boat ride. St Sofia had marvelous frescoes, the biggest I've seen so far. Incense was burning and it gave the place a magical feel and smell. They had concerts in this place. When we walked by the fortress, Tanja told us the story about the blind soldiers, but Gert said Samuil was not a Macedonian king. He was Bulgarian.

Another free afternoon and I swore I didnt know what else to do to spend the time. I went everywhere already. I ended up walking in the old town with Kathleen and finally found the minor churches that I missed the day before. They were empty and forgotten. Found another pottery shop but nothing appealing.

In the evening after dinner I walked along the lake shore with Joan. The evenings and nights were very cold but the walk was nice along the misty lake.

st sofia-Ohrid

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos