Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday, October 10, 2014

aqaba

Posted by Hippobean at 11:00 PM

Driving down the highway into Aqaba, we could see the city sprawled out in front of the red sea, with Eilat on the right, and Egypt further down. On the left we could see Saudi Arabia. The city, although bigger than Eilat, had no highrises and it felt small. I ventured into a public beach and being a local holiday, everyone was out swimming and enjoying the beach. I felt totally out of place there. The tourists went the hotel private beaches instead. On this side of the red sea, the water was littered with coke and other plastic bottles. I've seen the red sea before and being on this side, I wasnt impressed. Aqaba, the name conjured up Alladin and arabian nights, but the city itself wasnt much to sing about. however, I had my best lamb kabat here at a outdoor cafe, just across from our hotel. We could finally have seafood for dinner, and I've ordered a whole dorade. It was very bony but yummy.

Aqaba photos:


0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos