Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday, October 11, 2014

lowest point on earth - again!

Posted by Hippobean at 11:00 PM
They said I looked 10 years younger already. The hagard Hippo liked that, so I put more mud on my face. it stung a little.

I remember the water being thicker, but on this side of the dead sea, it felt thinner but still very oily. for the second time I floated on the dead sea, this time on the jordanian side. I've covered my body with black mud, and put some on my face, hoping it would make my skin smoother and younger looking. The dead sea didnt smell bad here. I remember it smelling really suffocating on the Israel side. probably because it was July when I was there. We stopped to photograph Lot's wife statue, the pillar of salt. Lot must have had 2 wives and both of them must have looked back to sodom and both turned into pillars of salt, because there was one in the israel side and one here!

for our last supper, we again had traditional bedouin cuisine in a local joint. 14 enormous comfy chairs surrounded a huge rectangular table, with 3 big circular metal serving plates on it. again, it started with pita with lots of little dishes for dipping, hummus, albergines, white beans, cucumber and tomato salad. But this time, we had very tasty and even hot falafels and 2 deep fried meat dumplings. Very yummy. We had a choice of an individual entree. I chose the samsaf, a traditional jordanian/palestinian dish of lamb cooked in a sauce of fermented dried yogurt, on a bed of rice. It wasnt as delicious as I've expected, but it was a satisfying meal. Too bad they didnt have any jordanian music or dancers.

Hippo floating on the Jordanian Dead Sea

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos