Thursday, May 18, 2017

Thursday, May 18, 2017

we choose

Posted by Hippobean at 11:24 AM
"I don’t think I was born gay. I don’t think I was born straight. I was born the way all of us are born: as a human being with a seemingly infinite capacity to announce myself, to re-announce myself, to try on new identities like spring raincoats, to play with limiting categories, to challenge them and topple them, to cultivate my tastes and preferences, and, most importantly, to love and to receive love."
-Brandon Ambrosino, freelance journalist - June 2016

Well said. Finally the Homo sapiens sapiens had caught up with so many others across the animal kingdom. the intersex kangaroo. a fish with four separate 'genders'. the clownfish that can change sex. Perhaps only now we recognize our astonishingly diverse sexual behaviours. Far too long had we compartmentalized our sexual orientation into a binary system. Any deviation was considered a disease. find that 'gay gene'. Then find a cure. sounds like the XMen. Time for the sapiens to realize that we were born whatever and both gene and environment make who and how we are, but we still ultimately have a choice, and it's up to us to find/discover/explore/experiment/cultivate our own identities, preferences, and to suffer, to cry, to love, to overcome our lives challenges and hardships, and finally to choose who we want to be in life.

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos