Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday, November 03, 2006

last day as bachelor

Posted by Hippobean at 11:59 PM
Driving to Volcano and to Hilo was what I had wanted. But the hike to the lava flow proved particularly difficult this year, and since I didnt feel like doing anything else in Volcano, we decided not to go to the Hilo side. Instead, we drove north and stopped at Waimea for a bit of natural air conditioning. The highlight of the day was dinner at the Kona Brewery. Nice place. With outside seating (what else?). We had 3 pizzas: 3 mushrooms, greek and pesto. One of the best pizzas I've ever had. Truly! And of course the Hippo had to sample the local beer. No Sprite mixed in. I really cant remember which I liked the best - the Hula I think, but the Fire Rock Pale Ale was good too. I just remember I didnt like the Lilikoi. Here I finally met the legendary Lou, Laura's brother. Been seeing his photographs for a long time now and finally met him in the flesh. Handsome young man, extremely nice and polite. I like him a lot. His girlfriend Daron was also there. Extremely friendly and I felt like I've known her for a long time. She has the rare gift that makes you feel right at home with her. Then back to the condo to see Tom one last time as a bachelor. They were practicing the dance, and we took a few photographs to remember how Tom 'used' to look like while still a bachelor. Tomorrow is the big day, what we came to the Big Island for. I couldnt wait!

kona brewery
 At the Kona Brewery


last night as bachelor
 Last night as bachelor

0 comments :

 

HippoBlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani- Vinte e poucos